Abstract Submission Categories
Abstracts can be submitted under any of the following topics:
1. Preventive Dentistry
2. Dental Anomalies
3. Dental Anxiety and Behavioral Management
4. Epidemiology/Dental Public Health
5. Dento-Alveolar Trauma
6. Orthodontics/Craniofacial Growth and Development
8. Restorative Dentistry (Including Endodontics/Prosthetics/Dental Materials)
9. Social Science Research (Including Quality of Life)
10. Oral Surgery/Oral Medicine/Oral Pathology
11. Education/Service Evaluation/Audit
12. Basic Science Research
Abstract submission deadline: 14 April, 2017
Presenting author registration deadline: 16 June, 2017
Note: If the presenting author does not register by 16 June, 2017 their abstract will not be included in the final programme. Registration payment is a prerequisite for inclusion in the programme.
Abstracts can be submitted for either an oral or poster presentation. Authors should indicate their preference for an oral or poster presentation during the submission process. However, the Scientific Committee will make the final allocation of presentation format as it will not be possible for all delegates to give an oral presentation.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
• Abstracts must be original and have not been previously published in a peer review journal or presented at a previous IAPD Congress.
• Presentations are limited to one presentation per person. You can be listed as a co-author on a number of submissions but must be the lead presenter on only one submission.
• The presenting author will be notified about the successful submission of their abstract by email once the submission is complete.
• All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and an acceptance notification will be sent to the presenting author by email no later than 24 May, 2017 which will confirm the mode of presentation.
• All abstracts and papers submitted become the property of IAPD unless prior alternate arrangements have been made with the Editor of the International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry. The author needs to affirm agreement to the following:
1. This work has not been published or presented at a previous IAPD Congress
2. The International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry has permission to publish this abstract in printed and/or electronic formats.
Abstracts will be reproduced in the abstract supplement of the International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry exactly in the form they are submitted. Authors are therefore kindly requested to adhere to the following guidelines. Failure to do so may result in the abstract not being accepted.
• Language: all submissions should be in English.
• Title: this should be as brief as possible and typed in sentence case (all letters in lowercase except the first letter of the first word of the title) e.g. Clinical outcomes for preformed metal crowns in a hospital setting (no full stop/period after the title).
• Authors: The presenting author should be listed first and up to five more authors can be included. The author’s first name should be given (with up to two initials) followed by the surname e.g. Helen D. Rodd, Zoe Marshman and Fiona Gilchrist.
• The affiliation details of all authors (department, institution/hospital, city/town, state (if relevant) and country should be included with the submission.
• Abstract text word limit: the main body of the abstract text should not be more than 250 words (title, authors and affiliation details are excluded).
• Funding body: the name of any funding body, if applicable, should be included as the last line of the abstract.
The abstract should follow the following structure
For Research (or Clinical Governance) Articles (click here to see example)
For Case Reports (click here to see example)
All abstracts must be submitted through the on-line submission system accessed through the congress web site. Only abstracts submitted through the system by the specified deadline will be considered for presentation by the Scientific Committee. If you encounter any difficulties in submitting your abstract, please contact the secretariat: email@example.com
Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and evaluated in terms of their appropriateness and their overall quality. Abstracts will be assessed on their acceptability and eligibility as oral or poster presentations in a constructive and educational way.